The following official 2014 Premier Seeding Events will be used as seeding events for the 2015 Cycle Tour:
** Note the new date for aQuellé Tour Durban, now taking place on 28 April 2014. For more info, click here.**
|Event Name||Distance||Date||Province||More Info|
|Value Logistics Fast One||96km||26-Jan-14||Gauteng||www.thefastone.org|
|The Herald VW Cycle Tour||105km||02-Feb-14||Eastern Cape/PE||www.heraldcycletour.co.za|
|Action Ford Berge en Dale Classic||99km||08-Feb-14||Gauteng||www.asgevents.co.za|
|99er Cycle Tour||99km||08-Feb-14||Western Cape||www.99er.co.za|
|Dis-chem Ride for Sight||116km||16-Feb-14||Gauteng||www.dischem.co.za|
|Daily Dispatch Spar Cycle Tour||100km||16-Feb-14||Eastern Cape/East London||www.dispatchcycletour.co.za|
|Nedbank Namibia Cycle Challenge||100km||23-Feb-14||Namibia||www.nedbank.com.na|
|Cape Argus Pick n Pay Momentum MTB Challenge||55km||02-Mar-14||Western Cape||www.mtbchallenge.co.za|
|Cape Argus Pick n Pay Momentum Cycle Tour||110km||09-Mar-14||Western Cape||www.www.cycletour.co.za|
|Wilro Lions Cycle Challenge||114km||06-Apr-14||Gauteng||www.cycleevents.co.za|
|aQuelle Tour Durban **NEW DATE – MORE INFO**||105km||28-Apr-14||KZN||www.tourdurban.co.za|
|Pick n Pay Weekend Argus Rotary Knysna MTB||50km & 80km||05-Jul-14||Southern Cape||www.knysnacycle.co.za|
|Prudential Ride London||160miles||10-Aug-14||London, United Kingdom||www.prudentialridelondon.co.uk|
|Lost City Cycle Event||115km||16-Aug-14||Northwest Province||www.cansalostcity.co.za|
|Lost City Mountain Bike Event||60km||17-Aug-14||Northwest Province||www.cansalostcity.co.za|
|D2D Cycling Race||93km||07-Sep-14||Gauteng||www.dome2dome.co.za|
|Kumba Iron Ore Classic||105km||20-Sep-14||Northern Cape||www.cycleevents.co.za|
|Rand Water Race For Victory||110km||21-Sep-14||Gauteng||www.raceforvictory.co.za|
|The Pennypinchers Lions Karoo to Coast Mountain Bike Challenge||100km||21-Sep-14||Southern Cape||www.karootocoast.com|
|GOK Penny Pinchers Cycle Tour||104km||05-Oct-14||Southern Cape||www.gok.co.za|
|Amashova Durban Classic||106km||12-Oct-14||KZN||www.shova.co.za|
|Bestmed Jacaranda Satellite Classic||80km & 106km||18-Oct-14||PTA||www.asgevents.co.za|
|PPA One Tonner||163km||19-Oct-14||Western Cape||www.pedalpower.org.za|
|PPA Mangaung Cycle Tour||106km||02-Nov-14||Bloemfontein||www.cycleevents.co.za|
|Momentum 94.7 Cycle Challenge||97.4km||16-Nov-14||Gauteng||www.cyclechallenge.co.za|
|Stellenbosch Cycle Tour||95km||30-Nov-14||Western Cape||www.stellenboschcycletour.co.za|
Seeding is the process used to determine the start time per entrant. Its purpose is to group cyclists together in bunches of equal ability, thereby reducing the need for overtaking and the risk of accidents or bottlenecks at any point on the route.
How seeding is done
- Using available results for events timed by RaceTec, a seeding index is calculated per person.
- This offers an indication of the person’s ability relative to other entrants.
- An index of “0” means you are of the same ability as the winner, while a “100” index means we expect you to do roughly double the time of the winner.
- Everyone with an index between 0 and approximately 100 is seeded into one of the seeded groups with riders of equal ability.
Your best result in Cycle Tour seeding events, or the average of your best three other results (if better), is used to determine your seeding.
- These events may carry a penalty if it does not meet certain criteria, i.e. distance or total acsent.
- We make concessions for certain special groups by giving them a start in the last few seeded batches. These may include people who have completed more than a certain number of Cycle Tours or seeding events, people over 70 years of age, and international riders.
- Next are the charity or corporate groups that did not qualify as seeded groups, and then the PPA members.