Unable to find a substitution!! Then try our waiting list, scroll down for more info.
Substitution Procedure for South African residents only.
This procedure does not apply to group entrants.
Procedure for the rider withdrawing:
Please note this needs to take place before the new entrant can go online and submit their substitution entry. You may access your Cycle Tour entry now to release your entry should you wish to do so.
If you are withdrawing, you need to log into your Cycle Tour entry by clicking HERE and then click on the “Allow Substitution” button. This will release your entry for substitution.The new entrant will only need your name, surname and date of birth to complete their entry. They do NOT require your ID number.
Please read the “Substitution Procedure Rules” section below as this also applies to you.
Procedure for the new entrant:
The procedure for new entrants will open at 1pm on 2 February 2015, you will be able to enter online as a substitute entrant. You will then be charged the substitution fee of R230.
You will need the following details of the person withdrawing:
• Date of birth
Please follow the steps below to complete your substitution entry:
1. Log into the entry system by clicking HERE between 2 and 20 February 2015.
2. First enter your details, NOT the details of the person withdrawing.
3. Select the correct category.
4. Enter the details of the person withdrawing and select the relevant person’s record (based on their date of birth).
5. Download a consent letter for the person withdrawing to complete. If you lose this letter, you can log in once your entry is saved and download the letter again.
6. If you are entering as a tandem, you can enter your tandem partner at the same time as yourself, if they are not already entered into the event.
7. If your tandem partner is already entered into the event, you can add their details to your consent letter so that we can link the two of you as a tandem entry.
8. Pay the substitution fee of R230 per person by credit card. If you prefer to pay by cheque or postal order, you can select the option to “Pay later”. The next screen will give you the manual payment instructions. Please note that there is no option to pay by EFT.
9. If you have paid online, the person withdrawing must complete the downloaded consent letter and then fax it to 086 595 2441 or email it to email@example.com. If you are paying by cheque/postal order, you must post the consent letter with your payment and this must reach us by the close of business on 20 February. Any payment received after 20 February will be rejected.
10. You will receive an email confirmation of your substitution entry within 5 working days of receipt of the consent letter. You will be notified of your race number and start time by 27 February.
Substitution Procedure Rules: (this applies to both the new entrant and the entrant withdrawing)
1. The entrant withdrawing will not be refunded his/her entry fee.
2. The entrant withdrawing may ask for the substitute entrant to refund their entry fee but they may not ask for more than they originally paid.PPA members paid an entry fee of R400 and non-PPA members paid an entry fee of R430.
3. The substitute participant will be issued a new number in the start group for which he/she qualifies.
4. Should the substitute participant not have their own RaceTec chip, they will be required to purchase one.
5. Entrants may NOT allow anyone else to use the number allocated to them. If you do so, the participant will be disqualified and the entrant will be suspended from participating in future events. The race number is the organiser’s link to all the relevant contact details and information should you be involved in an accident. It is therefore vital that the information and person is matched correctly
6. Merchandise orders and chip purchases are not transferable.
This substitutions procedure DOES NOT apply to group entrants. Group entrants will need to contact their group administrator in order to facilitate a substitution.
Your race number will be available for collection at the counter corresponding with your start group at Registration at the Cape Town Cycle Tour Lifecycle Expo.
Registration will take place at the Good Hope Centre, Sir Lowry Road, Cape Town.
Registration times are:
Thursday 5 March: 09:30am – 7pm
Friday 6 March: 9am – 7pm
Saturday 7 March: 9am – 4pm
Apply via the Waiting list
We will try our best to allocate entries to the applicants on the waiting list from cyclists who advise us that they are no longer participating. If you would like to be placed on the waiting list at no charge, please click here
Being on the waiting list does not guarantee that you will receive an entry.